This page serves as a starting point for people wishing to find employment with some of the companies in and around MacArthur Airport. Since there are so many companies that provide employment opportunities, we cannot list individual positions. If you are interested in any of these positions, please contact the appropriate company below.
Town of Islip:
Long Island MacArthur Airport is owned and operated by the Town of Islip. Please visit the Town of Islip website to view a list of current openings. Applications and resumes are accepted only when a vacancy exists.
Note: Long Island MacArthur Airport Management does not handle hiring for the airlines, private security, hospitality, retail or skycap vendors.
Transportation Security Administration (TSA)
Click here to view jobs online through the Department of Homeland Security
Southwest Airlines: Please visit the careers section on the official Southwest Airlines website to view all job postings.
USAirways Express: For information on job postings, please visit the official website for Piedmont Airlines, which handles all hiring.
PenAir: Please visit PenAir's official website for all job-related information.
Allegiant Air is currently seeking applicants for the following position:
PART-TIME Airline Customer Service/Ground Operations Agent (Allegiant Air) (Long Island MacArthur Airport, Ronkonkoma, NY)
in the Human Resource Department with Trego Dugan Aviation.
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB:
This position is responsible for providing total customer service to all people desiring to use customer or charter service by being attentive to their needs, politely handling their inquiries promptly, and completing the required transactions as noted below. Additional responsibilities include ramp, aircraft cleaning, operations and commissary duties as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
• The ideal candidate must be people oriented, highly motivated with a positive and friendly attitude
• Processing Customers tickets, checking baggage, monitoring carry-on baggage for size and quantity, and assigning seats
• Providing information on arrival and departure times, boarding procedures, carry-on regulations, and seating arrangements
• Handling denied boarding situations, soliciting volunteers, accommodating Customers and providing hotel, meal, and taxi vouchers when appropriate
• Ensures FAA, Airline, and airport regulations are followed
• Enforces safety/security measures and protects sensitive zones
• Assists Customers with special needs, i.e., Customers who need assistance in boarding
• Loading and uploading baggage on and off the aircraft
• Marshaling in the planes and pushing back the aircraft
• Excellent communication skills
• Must be well groomed and physically fit
• Work in extreme outdoor conditions
• Ability to push/pull/lift 70 lbs. on a continuous basis
• Able to read and write English; bilingual skills a plus
• Ability to work efficiently under time constraints
• Must be available to work varied hours including swing and graveyard shifts plus weekends and holidays
• Other duties as assigned by the Station Leader
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must pass a ten (10) year background check and pre-employment drug test
• Must have authorization to work in the U.S. as defined in the Immigrations Act of 1986
• Able to attend required training
• Valid Driver's license
• Be pleasant with others on the job and display a good-natured, cooperative attitude
• Be reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfill obligations.
• Attention to Detail
• Maintain composure, keep emotions in check, control anger, and avoid aggressive behavior even in difficult situations
• Accept criticism and deal calmly and effectively with high stress situations be open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace
• Willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges
• Be sensitive to others' needs and feelings and be understanding and helpful on the job
• Abiding to TSA and Airline policies and procedures, guiding oneself with little or no supervision, and depending on oneself to get things done
• Be persistence in the face of obstacles
Must be able to carry 70 pound suitcase from the floor to 18 inches and carry 70 pound suitcase in front of you with both hands for a distance of up to 25 feet; must have physical dexterity sufficient to perform repetitive tasks and motions, including bending at the waist and knees, squatting, kneeling, crawling, twisting and sustaining those positions for extended amounts of time. Must have sufficient vision and ability to safely perform the essential functions of the position.
Airport environment: Indoors and Outdoors. Extreme outdoor conditions where extreme temperature ranges may be encountered.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Education: High School diploma or equivalent
Experience: No experience necessary
Knowledge: Possess basic computer skills
Location: Long Island MacArthur Airport, Ronkonkoma, NY
Compensation: $10.00 per hour
This is a part-time job.
Required training is three (3) weeks tentatively scheduled to begin November 25, there will be no training from November 28- December 1, training will resume December 2-16. All training is paid and attendance is mandatory.
• Wait Staff
• Casual Dine/Line Cooks
To apply online, click here
The Paradies Shops: To apply online, click here
Prime Flight Aviation provides wheelchair and baggage assistance to passengers.
To apply online, click here
Summit Security: Click here to view jobs online